The John Marshall House was the first brick house built in Old Shawneetown and only the third brick house built in the upper Mississippi River Valley. Built in 1808, it housed Illinois’ first bank and is an Illinois state landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The house is now a historic museum.
Open Weekends from Mother’s Day through the end of October.
Shawneetown, IL 62984
Phone: (618) 269-3396